Sunday, May 26, 2013

formal paper 2 draft1


Dear Liza,
In all the time I have known you, I’ve always thought of you as a second mother and you were the one with the more drastic views in life. You have always told your own children and I, that life should be free and that we need to find our own happiness because we live in a society where it is dangerous to be different. I have always taken to heart all the teachings that my parents, you and other important people in my life have imparted onto me, but at the same time as I grew up I learned to question these teachings and see if I believe them the same way and with the help of your son we decided that we didn’t think that all the teachings were right. We believe that society, as a whole would excel if we could get rid of the far extremes of liberal and conservative. From my reasoning if we got rid of the extremes, we are then left with open-minded conservatives who can compromise or at least can understand the reasons for some kind of change, and liberals who have more pride in their nation and get the drive to want to create change in the ways that they need to be. I know I’m biased from the way I grew up and I’ll always tend to agree with liberals but I think society would be able to move forward if we stop bickering between two separate political powers fighting just because it makes them look good, instead of fighting for the people they represent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment